Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Aunt Iris

My Aunt Iris passed away. She was the last surviving adult in this family photo, taken in Rhode Island in the early 1950's. She is on the bottom far right. You can see her great spirit in her smile. I don't remember much about her in Rhode Island, but I do remember visiting her in Sherman Oaks, California from time to time, in that little apartment on Hazeltine Avenue. She lived there for so many years it should be listed as an historical monument. Her spirit and smile continued to shine over the years, and she was always welcoming and friendly to all who came her way.
There is such a beautiful story of family, of life, of death in that photo. I am grateful to Aunt Iris for being part of that story, and for touching our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment